« PreviousContinue »
Mr Bateman's ch. c. Dismay
| Ld Waterford's b. f. by Corranna, out of Mr Colgan's ch, f. by Harkaway-Victoria Perdita (31b.) Mr Disney's ch.c. Indian Warrior (5lb.)
- ch. c.' by Corranna, out of Red _ ch. f. Nourmahal (5lb.)
Rose (31b.) Mr Irwin's bc. The Duke of Leinster ! Mr Watt’s ch, f. by Retriever—Echidna Mr Nolan's b. or br. f. by Launcelot, ont of (31b.) The Cook (3lb.)
ch. c. Chit Chat Mr Quin's ch. f. by Lothario, out of Fuyard - ch. f. by Magpie, out of Flighty
(5lb.) FRIDAY.–The PAGET STAKES of 10 sov. each, with 50 sov. added, for two-year olds,
colts 8st. 4lb., fillies 8st.; 3lb. and 5lb. allowed, &c. The winner of the Anglesey 3lb. extra, and should he win any other stakes (Matches and Handicaps excepted) previous to starting for this, to carry 21b. extra for each race he may have won, Any other winner to carry 21b. extra for each race value 501. or upwards he may have won
(Matches and Handicaps excepted) previous to starting for this. Angl. Post. -20 subs, Mi Bateman's b. c. Killarney (5lb.)
Mr Nolan's f. by Launcelot - The Cook Mr Colgan's ch. f. by Harkaway-Victoria (31b.) Mr Clancy's b. f. by Crescent-Lodola Mr O'Meagher's b. or br. c. Galtimore (31b.)
b. f. by Corranna, out of Melody, Mr Quin's ch. f. by Lothario-Fuyard (516.) by Skylark (5lb.)
Ld Waterford's b. f. by Corranna, out of Mr Disney's ch. f. Nourmahal (5lb.)
Perdita (31b.) ch. c. Indian Warrior (5lb.)
ch. c. by Harkaway-Puss La Howth's f. by Harkaway, out of Remnant Mr Watt's ch. f. by Retriever, out of Mr Irwin's b. c. The Duke of Leinster
Echidna (31b.) Mr Keegan's ch. f. Matilda (31b.)
---ch. c. Chit Chat b. or br. g. The Wee Orphan (31b.
ch. f by Magpie, ont of Flighty Mr Murphy's b. c. by Ugly Buck, out of sis. Mr Whaley's b. f. The Robber's Daughter to Johnny (5lb.)
b. f. (h. b.) by Magpie, out of
| Tickle-my-Fancy (31b.) SWEEPSTAKES of 25 sov. each, 10 ft., with 50 added, for two year olds, colts 8st, 71b.
fillies 8st. 3lb. ; 3lb. and 5lb. allowed, &c.; the winner of the Anglesey 71b., and of
the National Produce 7lb. extra; if of both 121b. extra. New Anglesey Post.- 16 subs, Mr Courtney's b. c. by Lothario, out of Bantam's dam (3lb.)
- ch, f. by Lothario, out of Moleskin (3lb.) Mr Disney's ch. f. Nourmahal, by Napier, out of Twil
- ch. c. Indian Warrior, by Napier, ont of Jannette (51b.) Mr Irwin's b.c. The Duke of Leinster, by Tearaway, out of An Mr J. Moore's b. c. by Ugly Buck, out of Teresa, by Langar
b. f. by Ugly Buck, out of Miss Foote
-ha by Uov Buck, dam by Birdcatcher, out of Helena (31b.)
- ch, c. Heffran, by Crescent, out of Ellen (31b.) La Waterford's b. f. by Corranna, out of Perdita (3lb.)
ch. c. by Corranna, out of Monica (31b.) Col Westenra's ch. f. sis. to Wolf-dog, by Freney, out of Isora
HEATH SWEEPSTAKES of 10 sov.each, with 40 added, for two year olds, colts 8st 77b, fillies 8st 31b.
A winner before the meeting 3lb extra, twice or more 5lb. extra. Three-quarters of a mile.-10 subs. Sir T. Burke's b. c. Bewick
| Mr L. Keegan's ch. f. Matilda Mr P. Dowling's b. c. by Magpie, out of Mr R. Newcomen's b, c. Collier Lady Harkaway
Mr T. Turpin's ch. f. Split-the-wind Mr M. Dunne's b. c. Redmond O'Hanlon i Ld Waterford's ch. c. by Corranna, out of b. c. Brass
Red Rose Mr E. J. Irwin's ch. c. by Polish, out of _ ch. c. by Harkaway, out of Puss
RACES PAST IN 1850.
HARROGATE SPRING. THURSDAY, Feb. 21.-A Sweepstakes of 902.; THURSDAY, March 7.-A Hurdle Stake of 301.; i mi, 4 fur.
once ro. Dart, hy Jereed, aged - G. Whitehouse 1 Helmsman, by Sheet Anchor - Stagg 1 3 1 Kill or Cure, 8 yrs - -Charlton 2 Fanny (h. b.) .
- Robinson 3 1 2 King Hal, 6 yrs - F. Marson 0 Master Clifton (h.b.)
Scarth 4 3 3 Oxford Blue, 3 yrs Osborne 0 Spot .
Marwood 2 dr Sir Charles
F. Frost 0
Won easy. Shortwood (h.b.), 5 yrs (1316 over) W. Bucklow 0 |
Welter Hurdte Stake of 351.; twice ro. Quadruped, aged .
- Arrand 0 Cinderella
· W. Marson 0
- Stags 1 Sweetheart
- Bussey 2 3 to I aget Dart, 3 to 1 agst Kill or Cure, 4 to 1
Ford agsl Oxford Blue. Won by three lengths.
3 Terry Alt
Wright 4 Farmers' Plate of 551,; 2 mi.
Robinson 5 Swift, 4 yrs, 10st 121b
Won by two lengths. Billy from Brigg, 12st 71b
- Nainby 02 Gilnochie, 5 yrs, list Tilb
J. Abdale 0 0
Hunters' Stake of 221.; once ro.
• Mr Bly h 00
Stagg 1 1
Ford 2 dr Bantam (h.b), 5 yrs, llst 61b Whitworth 2 dr
TUESDAY, March 12.-Selling Hurdle Stake of WEDNESDAY, February 27. - Liverpool Spring
35l. ; 2 mi. Cup (handicap) of 1901. ; I mi. 6 fur.
Sarah Sykes, by Melbourne, 10st 21b Frisby 1 Doubt, by Gladiator, 4 yrs, 7st 5lb W. Sharpe 1
Wiseacre, 10st 21b
- H. Bradley 2 Augean, 3 yrs, 5st 3lb
. S. Darling 3 Quiz (late Raisthorpe), 6 yrs, 8st 716 Templeman 01 5 to 4 ugs: S. Sykes, and 6 to 4 agst Vaut-rien, Portia, 4 yrs, 7st Tilb .
. Keegan 01 Won by a neck. Osbaldeston, 3 yrs, 5st 121b
Basham 0 Handicap Hurdle Stake of 1001.; 2 mi.
Abbott 1 11 to 8 agst Osbaldeston, 7 to 2 agst Doubt, 5 to 1 Hawkstone, 6 yrs, 9st 6lb
Archer 2 agst Augean, and 6 to 1 agst Wilmont Won by a Jack-of-all-Trades, 5 yrs, 9st 6lb R. James 3 length; Osbaldeston a bad third. Run in 3 min. Half-and-Half, aged, 10st 71b - Sly, jun. 0 12 sec.
Slug, 5 yrs, 9st 6ib
- Rackley O Trial Stakes of 901.; 1 mi. 2 fur.
Sobersides, aged, 9st 2b
Coudron 0 Andalusian, by Liverpool Junior, 4 yrs,
5 to 2 agst Fugitive, 7 to 2 agst Half-and-Half, 8st Alb
- Longstaff il 3 to 1 agst Jack-of-all-Tradea, and 4 to 1 agat Pio Nono, 3 yrs, 6st
- Keegan 2 Hawkstone. Won easy. Montezuma, 3 yrs, 6st 41b
Mitchell 01 WEDNESDAY.-City Stnkes of 35l. ; 2 mi. Emma, 3 yrs, 6st .
• Arnold 0
Bird of Paradise, by Gilbert Gurney,
- Norman 1 Br. f. by Lanercost, d. by M. Moloch,
Rory-be-aisy, 5 yrs, 9st 121b - H. Bradley 2 3 yrs, 6st .
H. Darling 3 John of Tuam, 3 yrs, 6st 410.
• Osborne 0
Coudron 4 Magic Wand, 3 yrs, 6st 41b
. Charlton 0
Even on B. of Paradise, and 6 to 4 agst Rory-beTower, 3 yrs, Est 41b
Hiett a isy. Won by a length. Ch. f. by Coronation-Old No. 12's dam. 3 yrs, 6st
- W. Sharpe 0
Selling Hurile Stake of 401.; 2 mi. Nelson, 4 yrs, 8st 41b . Fowlero Sarah Sykes, 10st 91b
- Archer 1 3 to I each agst Pio Nono, Emma, and Andalu
Wiseacra, 9st lilb .
- A. Bradley 8 sian, and 4 to lagst Tower. Won by three parts of
Vaut-rien, 9st 11lb
. J. Kelly 3 a length, Magic Wand a bad third, Emma fourth.
Wireworm (h. b.), 9st lllb
- Stagg 0 Forget me-not, 10st 9lb
Dobbs 0 Run in 2 min. 19 sec.
Jack-of-all-Trades, 9st llb.
R. James 0 Optional Selling Stakes of 451. ; 1 mi.
2 to 1 agat S. Sykes, 3 to l agst Wiseacre, and Eunuch, by Slane, 3 yrs, 5st 7lb
5 to 1 agst Vaut-rien. Won cleverly. Tower, 3 yrs, 7st 21b
- W. Sharpe 2 The Scramble Handicap of 121 was won by VautEffiie Deans, 3 yrs, 6st
- Arnold 0
rien, by Ascot, 5 yrs, 12st 21b (T. Oliver), heating a Old No. 12,5 yrs, 8st 4lb
- Tasker 0 6 to 5 agst Eunuch, and 2 to 1 agst Old No. 12.
pony, 4 yrs, 10st 71b (Capt Little), and Kenilworth Won by two len,ths. The winner, entered to be
Lass, 11st (Verney). Won by a head. sold for 301., was sold by auction for 80 guineas,
THURSDAY, March 14.- Handicap Hurdle Race Portia, by Launcelot, 4 yrs, 7st 12lb - Keegan 1
of 80l. ; 2 mi. Cauriri, 4 yrs, 7st 121b - - W. Noble 2 Wharfdale Maid, aged, lost 8ib - Frisby 1 Zaidec, 3 yrs, 6st 31b - Arnold 0 Little Queen, 4 yrs, 9st 71b
G. Arran 2 Shadwell, 3 yrs, 6st 3lb.
Bellerby 0 | Jack in the Corner, 5 yrs, 10st - Marwood 3 Pio Nono. 3 yrs, 6st 10lb .
- Osborne 01 Dunchurch (h b.), aged, 10st 61b - Frost 4 Cauliflower, 5 yrs, 8st 2016
Templeman 0 Chintz Print (h b.), aged, 10st 21b W. Brooke 6 Magic Wand, 3 yrs, 6st3lb - • Charlton 0 Good Girl, 5 yrs, 9st 13lb
A. Clark 0 Little Wonder, aged. 7st blb
• Hiett 0
• J. Smith 0 7 to 4 agst Pio Nono, 3 to 1 agst Cauliflower, and
7 to 4 agst Little Queen, 3 to 1 agst Wharfdule 4 to 1 agst Cauriri. Won by a length. Magic Maid, and 4 to lagst Jack-in-the-Corner. Won by Wand a bad third.
half a neck. Run in 4 mi. 38 sec. Match, 100, 10st 5lb each, 1 mi. 4 fur., over four i Grand Stand Stakes of 60l.; for 2 and 3 yr olds. hurdles; Fugitive, by Rust, aged (Magee), beat The
Red House in. Mease, 6 yrs (Wycherley), in a canter; 2 to 1 on Mark Tapley, by The Hydra, 3 yrs, Fugitive,
9st 3lb (incl. Blb extra) . Cartwright
Timothy, 3 yrs, 8st 91b .
Longstaff 2 Scurry Handicap of 441. ; Red House in. Tordesillas, 3 yrs, 8st 9lb
Templeman 3 Osbaldeston, by The Saddler, 3 yrs,
Basham 1 Leonidas, 3 yrs, 88t 9lb
W. Oates 0
Peasant Girl, 4 yrs, 8st 61b
- F. Marson 2 Tower, 3 yrs, 8st 9b Dean 0 Kill-or Cure, 3 yrs, 6st
- Charlton 3 5 to 4 agst Mark Tapley, 3 to 1 agst Tordesillas,
Bird -killer, 6 yrs, 8st: lb
Templeman 0 to 2 g Tunohy. and 5 to 1 a gst Leonidas. Won Harlestone, 4 yrs. 8st 21b
- Longstaff 0 by a length; the same between second and third ;
Fanny, aged, 68t - - J. Arnold 0 Leonidas fourth. Run in I mi. 16 sec.
Ellen, 5 yrs, 6st 91b
- Metcalfe 0 Municipal Stakes of 401. ; St. Leger Co.
Tordesillas, 3 yrs, 7st 21b
Wakefield, jun. 0 Peasant Girl, by The Major, 4 yrs, 7 st llb Keegan
Leonidas, 8 yrs, 5st 10lb . - Osborne fell Theory, 4 yrs, 6st 131b
3 to I agst Osbaldeston, 3 to 1 agst Kill-or-Cure. Arnold
4 to I agst Leonidas, and 5 to I agst Peasant Girl, Lodona, 3 yrs, 5st 101b (incl 21b over) Osborne 3
Won by waif a length; llurlestone was fourth, Tor. Billy-from-Brigg, 6 yrs, 8st 13lb Templeman 4 7 to 4 agst Peasant Girl, and 3 to l agst each of us
desillas fifth. Run in i mi. 17 sec. the others. Won by a length; the same between second and tùird. Run in 3 mi. 36 sec. The winner
WARWICK AND LEAMINGTON SPRING. was sold by auction for 50l.
TUESDAY, March 19.-Scurry Stakes of 35L. ;
T.Y.C. Sheffield and Rotherham Stakes of 1031.; I mi.
Jack-of all-Trades, 5 yrs, 12st - Mr Caldwell 1 Ellza Middleton, by Bay Middleton, 3 yrs,.
Venture, 5 yrs. 12st
- Capt Little 9 6st 21b Chillman 1 Svrup, 4 yrs, 12st
- Mr Brooke 3 Osbaldeston, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
Basham 2 Catch-me-who can, 12st . Capt Broadley 4 Luxor, 6 yrs, 8st 41b .
Jenkinson 01 Even on Venture, and 5 to 2 agst Syrup. Won Didsbury, 4 yrs, 8st .
- W.Outes O by a bead : a length between the second and third. Patrick, 4 yrs, 7st 131b
Hughes C Run in i min. 37 sec. Ellen, 5 yrs, 7st
. B. Smith 0
Trial Stakes of 1701. ; 1 mi. Scarborough, 3 yrs, 6st 121b Wakefield, jun. 3
Alonzo, by Alpheus, 8 yrs, 6st 121b - W. Sharpe ! Kill or Cure, 3 yrs, 6st 6lb
Arnold 2 Br f. by Touchstone-Lady Emily, 8 yrs,
The Knight of Gwynne, 8 yrs, 7st
Sabin 3 5st 12 b
- H. Evans 0 3 to I each agst Didsbury and Osbaldeston, 4 to 1
Echo, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
J. Evans 0 agst Kill or Cure, and 5 to 1 agst Eliza Middleton.
Osbaldeston, 8 yrs, 7st
. Basham 0 Won by a length; the same between Osbaldeston
Woodsprite, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
G. Snarp 0 and the Lady Emily f.; Elien fourth. Run in I mi.
Brennus, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
• G. Oates 0 42 sec.
Torpor, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
Gooch 0 FRIDAY.-The Optional Selling Stakes of 501. ; 1 mi.
1 5 to 2 agst M. Tapley, 3 to 1 agst K. of Gwynne,
7 to 2 agst Torpor, 6 to i agst Oshaldeston, aad Theory, by Theon, 4 yrs, 8st . Cartwright 18 to 1 agst Alonzo. Won by a head; half a length Scarborough, 3 yrs, 6st 1215] Wakefield, jun. 2 between the second and third ; Brennus a bad Magic Wand, 3 yrs, 6st - . Chariton 3 fourth, Run in I min. 49 sec. Jane Eyre, + yrs, 7 st illb
. Burke 0 Present, 4 yrs, 8st 31b
Willoughby Handicap of 1301. ; 2 mi. Sir Philip, 3 yrs. 7st 3lb
Fugitive, by Rust, aged, 10st 91b Capt Little I California, 3 yrs, 6st 8lb
. Wilberforce 0 Ral-trap, aged, Ilst 7
Ral-trap, aged, Ilst 71b M r CC. Brooke ! Ch. c. by William le Gros, d. by Valparaiso,
Andalusian, 4 yrs, 10st 71b M r Osbaldeston 3 3 yrs, 6st 61b .
Yard-arm, ayed, 10st 11lb - Mr Davenport 4 Br f. by Touchstone-Lady Emily, 3 yrs,
7 to 4 agst Fugitive, and 5 to 2 agst Rattrap. 6st 31b
Osborne 0 won by
Won by a length; a bad third.
Run in 3 min.
Moor house o
Free Handicap of wl.; 1 mi. 3 to lagst Present, 4 to 1 agst Lady Emily filly,
Doubt, by Gladiator, 4 yrs, 7 st 8]b (incl. 5 to I each agst Magic Wand and Theory. Won by
W. Sharpe 1 two lengths. The winner was sold by auction for
Docility, 4 yra, 6st 9lb
Thick 2 481. Run in 1 mi. 46 sec.
Cosachia, 5 yrs, 8st 71b
Whitehouse 3 The Dmcaster Handicap of 2101. ; St, Leger Co.
Rathmines, 6 yrs, 8st llb .
- Pearl 0 T. Marson
New Forest Deer, aged, 7 st 13b King Hal, by Jereed, 6 yrs, 7st clb
Wakefield 0 Eunuch, 3 yrs, 6st ilb
Knott 0 Timothy, 3 yrs, 5st 8b
8 to 1 agst Doubi, 3 to 1 agat Rathmines, 4 to 1
Cartwright 3 Priestess, 4 yrs, 8st 21b
agst Docility, 5 to 1 agst Eunuch, and 5 to lagst
Templeman 0 Foreclosure, 6 yrs, 8st 71b
Cosachia, Won by a head; a neck between second Andalusian, 4 yrs, 8st llb
and third; Rathminės a bad fourth. Run in 1 min. Lady-l-am-off, 5 yrs, 7st 3lb - Basham 0 Good Giri, 5 yrs, 7st ilb
J. Arnold 0
47 sec. Didsbury, 4 yrs, 7 st llb
- G. Oates 0
Farmers Plate of 501,; 2 mi. Dulcamara, 5 yrs, 7st llb
• Dean 0 Fazeley (h.b.), by Tamworth, aged, Laura, 3 yrs, 5st tolb (carr. 5st 121b) Charlton 0 2st 10ib -
- Mr Wood 11 5 to 2 agst Priestess, 5 to 2 agst Didsbury, 3 to i Jerry (h. b.), aged, 12st - Mr W. Cooper 5 2 agst Foreclosure, 5 to 1 each agst Timothy and Ch. g. by Redshank-Logic'sd. Andalusian Won by n length: a neck between (h. b.), 4 yrs, 11st - Mr Savin 4 3 the second and third.' Run in 3 mi. 25 sec.
Shepherdess (h. b.), 5 yrs, list 716 Mr Ivens
Littie Jenny, 6 yrs, 12st lb - Mr H. Ball 3 Innkeepers' Purse of 171.; 1 ni.
The Cricket (h. b.), 4 yrs, Horace, by Hampton, aged - J. Smith 1 Ist
Mr H. Boddington 6 O Redman, 5 yrs . . • J. Etches 2 Woodland Mary (h. b.), 5 yrs,
and Mary (..!! Hinda, aged Winterbottom 3 11st 7lb
Mr J. Bursell 70 Miss Ritty, 4 yrs
Both heats won in a canter.
WEDNESDAY.-Debdale Slakes of 65l. ; 2 mi, Peacock, 5 yrs
- Humble 0 Gilbert, aged .
• J. Bowman O Castaway, late Homeopathy (h. b.), Get-away, aged - Harrison 0 Ilst 716
Mr Elweg 1 Gay-lad, aged
- C. Ledger 0 Fugleman (h. b.), aged, 11st 121b Mr Davenport 9 6 to 4 agst Emma, 2 tr 1 agst Hinda, 4 to 1 agst Counsel (h. b), 6 yrs, list 7 lb - Capt Little 3 Gilbert ; any odds agst the winner. Won in a The Prophet, aged, 12st . Mr Dea nistoun center, Redman beating Itinda by 2 neck. The | Chance (h. b.), 5 yrs, llst 71b Mr C.C. Brooke winner was sold for 33 guineac. Run in mi. 52 sec. Ozier, aged, 12st
Mr C. Arkwright 6
6 to 4 on Fugleman, 3 to 1 agst Counsellor, and, Castanette, 4 yrs
• J. Marson 0 7 to 2 agst Castaway. Won by half a length; a Seignor of Holderness, 3 yrs - Basham 0 bad third. Run in 4 min. 2 sec.
Even on Raby, 5 to 2 agst Seignor of Holderness, Handicap of 85l.; T.Y.C.
and 4 to 1 agst Maid of Masham. Won by a length; Christiana, by Galipoli, 4 yrs, 7st 51b . Thick 1
half a neck between second and third; Castanette Miss Julia, 4 yrs, 6at 131b
Neale a good fourth. Salute, 3 yrs, 6st illb
• Sabin 8! The Shorts of 701. ; for 2 yr olds ; 3 fur. 154 yds. Shropshire Witch, 5 yrs, 8st 71b
Brookes 0 England's Glory, bs Clarion or Emilius, Rathmincs, 6 yrs, 8st llb • Pearl 8st 71b
Wintringham 1 Cauliflower, 5 yrs, 7st 71b Escott 0 The Leading-article, 8st 41b
- J. Marson 2 Andalusian, 4 yrs, 7 st 6lb Basham 0 Guardsman, 8st 71b
. Fenn 3 Sarah Sykes, aged, 7st 3lb Crouch Heirloom, 8st 4lb
Prince 0 Diligence, 3 yrs, 6st 9]b
G. Sharp o B. c, by Trueboy-Parasina, 8st 71b Templeman 0 Eunuch, 3 yrs, 6st 61b
. Arnold Unity, 8st tlb - - Loogstaff 0 Warwick, 3 yrs, 6st 5lb
- W. Sharpe 0 2 to I agst England's Glory, 3 to lagst Onity, Second-hand, 3 yrs, 6st 3lb
- Knott 03 to l'agst The Leading-article, and 4 to lagst 3 to 1 agst Andalusian, 5 to 1 agst Eunuch, Heirloom Won by a length; a head between se6 to 1 each agst Rathmines, Christiana, and Cauli- cond and third ; Unity fourth. flower, and 8 to 1 agst Salute, Won by a neck;
Filly Stakes of 551., for 3 yr olds; I mi. 4 fur. the same between second and third ; Diligence a
Lady Eden, by Auckland, 8st 3lb G, Abdale 1 good fourth; Andalusian fifth, weil up. Run in
Gardena, 8st 31b
J. Marson 2 I min. 34 sec.
French Susy, 8st 3lb - - Templeman 3 Two Year Old Stakes of 1901. ; 4 fur.
The Squire's Daughter, 8st 3lb
Holmes + Louis Napoleon. by Lanercost. 8st zib Prince il 5 to 4 agst F. Susy, 2 to 1 agst L. Eden, and 7 to Britannia, 8st 4]b
Wakefield 21 agst The Squire's Daughter Won by a length Leap-year, Bst 716
- Marlow 0 and a half; a head between second and third. Banker, 8st 71b . Cartwright 0
Revival Handicap of 2101.; 2 mi,
Cartwright I The Partridge, 8st 71b
- Wintringham 0 Fleur de Seine, 5 yrs, 6st 5lb - Charlton 2 lanthe, 8st 416
• Thick O Abbot of Meanx. Ayr
Basham 3 Stafford. &st alb
- Simpson 0 Colibri, 8st 4lb .
- T. Lye 0 Hazy. 8st 41b - - - - Templeman ( Billy Brown, 4 yrs. 6st 9lb
- Arnold 0 Quadroon, 84t 41b .
- J. Sharp 0 2 to 1 arst Glen Saddel, 5 to 2 agut Alp, 4 to 1 Beaufort. 8st 71b .
- Pearl 0 agst Uriel, and 5 to 1 agst Fleur de Seine. Won 410 1 agst Whisper, 5 to I agst L. Napoleon, 6 to 1 by a length; a neck between second and third ; ayst Stafford, 6 to 1 agst Beaufort, 7 to 1 agst Qua- | Billy Brown fourth. droon, 7 to 1 agst Partridge, and 10 to 1 agst
First year of the Second Easby Triennial Stakes of Britannia. Won by half a length; a neck between
1201., for 2 yr olds; straight run in. Britannia and Partridge; Quadroon a good fourth;
Neasham, by Hetman Platoff, 8st 716 Holmes 1 Ianthe fifth, and Stafford sixth. Run in 1 min.
Presto, 8st 716
- Simpson 2 2 sec.
Br. c. by Trueboy-Lady Paramount, Great Warwickshire Handicap of 2901. ; 2 mi. est 7lb
Cartwright 3 Ballinafad, by Harkaway, 6 yrs, 8st 716 H. Belli | Heirloom, Pst 3lb
- Prince 4 Keleshea, aged, 7st 716
Evans 2 Even on Neasham, 2 to l'agst Presto, and 3 to I Defaulter, 5 yrs, 8st
. Flatman 3 Jagst the Lady Paramount colt. Won by a neck; a The Dart, aged, 8st 6lb
- Whitehouse 4 moderate third. Eagle's Plume, 5 yrs, 7st 91b - Wakefield 5
Second year of the First Easby Triennial Stakes of 5 to 2 agst Defaulter, 10 to 3 agst Ballinafad,
1301., for 3 yr olds, 4 to 1 agst The Dart, 4 to 1 agst Kelesler, and
The Italian by Touchstone, Templeman,walked over 6 to 1 agst Eagle's Plume. Won by a length; Defaulter was a good third, the others beaten off. Run
TUESDAY.-Speculation Plate of 657.; I mi. 4 fur. in 3 min. 46 sec.
Andalusian, by Liverpool Junior, 4 yrs
Foreclosure, 6 yrs, 8st 11lb
Templeman 3 Cotton Lord, by Stockport, 4 yrs, 8st 3lb Pearl 1 Gardenia, 3 yrs, 5st 121h
Arnold 8 Haidee, aged, 8st 8lb Whitehouse 2 Goldfinch, 3 yrs, 6st Slb
Wakefield, jun. Paquita, 4 yrs, 8st Treen 0 Billy Brown, 4 yrs, 7st 61b
T. Lye 0 Conjuror, aged, 8st 81b
Wintringham 0 Pelham, 4 yrs, 7st 91b . • Basham 0 Countcss, 3 yrs, 6st Alb.
- J. Sharp 01 Snowdrift, 3 vrs, 6st 8lb - Osborne, jun. ( Mischief-maker, 5 yrs, 8st 9lb
- Marlow 0 2 to 1 agst Foreclosure, 3 to 1 agst Andalusian, Syrup, 4 yrs, 7st lilb
. . Sabin 0
4 to 1 agst Pelham, 5 to 1 each agat Billy Brown Mahascah, 3 yrs, 6st Alb
W. Sharpe o and Gardenia, and 7. to lag t Snowdrift. Won by La Malheureuse, 5 yrs, 8st 716
Yates 0 two lengths; a length between second and third ; Theory, 4 yrs, 8 st 3lb
Cartwrighto Snowdrift lost start. Eunuch, 3 yrs, 6st alb
- Arnold 0
Claret Stakes of 501., for 3 yr olds; 2 mi. Sam Hood, 5 yrs, 8st 91b - • Crouch 0
Cantnb, by The Doctor, 8st 7ib . J. Marson 1 Perry hill, 5 vrs, 8st 41b
0 Seignor of Holderness, 8st 7lb Wintringham 2 Second hand, 3 yrs, 6st 4lb
- G. Abdale 3 Captain Parry, 4 yrs, 8st - Wakefield o
6 to 4 on Cantab, and 3 to lagst Seignor of Hol6 to 4 ngst Cotton Lord, 6 to 1 agst Minchief
derness. Won by four lengths. maker, and 7 to 1 each agst Mahascah and Countess. Won by a length, Haidee beating Sam
Tally-ho Handicap of 301.; twice ro, and a dis. Hood by a neck; Captain Parry fourth, and Pa
Fleur de Seine, by Voltaire, 5 yrs,
- Mr W. Harland 1 quita filth. Time I min. 49 sec. The winner was sold by auction after the race for 160 gs.
Lady-I-am-off, 5 yrs, 11st 71b - Mr Elwon 2
The Magnet, aged, list 71b Capt Loadstune 3 CATTERICK BRIDGE.
Even on The Magnet, and 6 to 4 agst Fleur de
Seine. Won by three lengths. MONDAY, April 1.--Brough Stakes of 701.;
Champagne Stakes of 501., for 2 yr olds; 6 fur. I mi. 4 fur. Raby, by The Doctor, 4 yrs - Templeman 1
Bro. to Ellerdale, by Lanercost - walked over Foreclosure, 6 yrs . .
Gold Cup Stakes of 421 ; 2 mi. Maid of Masham, 5 yrs
. G. Abdale 3 French Susy, by Charles XII., 3 yrs - Arnold 1 Langton, 4 yrs Cartwright 0 Maid of Team Valley, 4 yrs. • T. Walter 2
Langton, 4 yrs
Cartwright 3 Open Slakes of 751. ; once ro.and a dis. Even on F. Susy, 2 to lagst Maid of Team Val- The Iron Crown, by Coronation, 5 yrs, ley, and 4 to 1 agat Langton. Won by two lengths. 10st 121b .
F. Butler 1 f 402.. for 3 yr olds : 1 mi. 4 fur. Watchdog, 6 yrs, Ilst 21b
- S. Royers 2 The Italian
Dover, 5 yrs, 10st 121b -
Sponge, 5 yrs, 10st 12lb - • A. Day 0
Telegraph, 5 yrs, 10st 121b - Bartholomewo
Whitehouse 0 MONDAY, April 1-Sweepstakes of 291.; New Co.
5 to 2 agst Dover, 3 to l agst Watchdog, 3 to I agst Clansman, by Rockingham, aged,
Telegraph, and 5 to 1 agst Iron Crown. Won by a 12st
Mr Cameron 1
head; Dover a bad third. 3 min. 25 sec. Wednesday, 11st 716
. Owner 2 Vertumnus, aged, 12st Mr T. Brown, jun. 8
Queen's Plate of 1051. ; 2 mi.
A. Day 3 Sweepstakes of 211. ; I mi.
Borneo, 4 yrs, 9st 216
- Flaman 4 The Yaller Gal, by Mus, 5 yrs,
5 to 4 on Retail, 3 to 1 agst Borneo, and 4 to 1 agst Ulst 7lb
Mr Johnson 2 II
any other. Won by two lengths. 3 min. 39 sec. British Consul, 4 yrs, I Ist 716 Mr Cameron 1 2 2
Farmers' and Tradesmen's Cup of 501.; twice ro. Single Peeper, aged, list 71b
Little Houghton, aged, llstillb - Frisby 1
. Sabin 2 Nutley, 5 yrs, 12st MT. Brown, jun. 44 dr
The Last Forester, aged, 11st Tilb . Wesley 0
Ch.m.by 'Tamworth-Lawyer's dam, 5 yrs, The Pride of Eden, by Laun
Price 0 celot, 5 yrs, 12st - T. Brown, jun. 2 1 1
F. by Redshank, 4 yrs, 16st 716
- Page 0 Sir Robert Sloper, 5 yrs. 12st . 1 . 2 Forest Lad. 5 yıs, list ilb.
- Cowlev dis The Yaller Gal, 5 yrs, 11st 71b Mr Johnson 3 3 3
15 to 4 on Little Houghton, and 3 to laget Cogia. Lucy Neal, aged, ilst 71b.
0 4 4
Forest Lad came in first by a neck, but not having Clansman, aged, 12st
Mr Cameron 0 dr
been bred in the county was disqualified. 6 min. Sir Tatton, aged, 11st 71b, - Mr Carthew 0 dr
21 sec. First and second heats won by a neck; third heat THURSDAY.--Tally-ho Handicap of 45l. ; 2 mi. by two leagths.
Legislator (h. b.), by Epirus, 6 yrs,
. Capt Broadley 1 NORTHAMPTON AND PYTCHLEY The Last Forester, aged, list 716 Capt Little 2 HUNT.
6 to 4 on Legislator. Won by a length and a half. WEDNESDAY, April 3.-Trial Stakes of 1201. ; 4 min 30 sec. I mile.
Pytchley Stakes of 1501., for 3 yr olds; I mi. Collingwood, by Sheet Anchor, aged,
Compass, by Touchstone, est illb (incl. 8st 1316
Flatman 2 Gladiole, 3 yrs, 6st. - Osborne, jun. 2 Give-and-take, 8st 7lb
S. Rogers The Monk, 8 yrs, bst . . Welly 3 Knight of Gwynne, 8st 71b
- Marlow 3 Mark Tapley, 3 yrs, 6st
- Arnold 4 Harriott, 8st zib (incl. 4lb ex.) G. Whitehouse 5 to 2 on Collingwood, and 4 to 1 agst Mark Tap Impression, åst 3lb
- Bartholomew 5 dey. Won by a length; a neck between second and Mark Tapley, 8st 71b
Prince 6 third ; and a bead between the third and fourth; 5 to 2 agst Harriott, 3 to l each agst Compass and 1 mi. 55 sec.
Give and take, 4 to lagst K. of Gwynne, and 4 to 1 Harlestone Produce Stakes of 3001., for 3 yr olds : agst Impression. Won by a length and a half; half 1 mile.
a length between the second and third ; Harriott Clelia, by The Provost, 8st Ilb - Norman ila bad fourth. I min. 57 sec. The Bee-hunter, 8st Alb
Flaman 2 B. f. by Nutwith-Agnes, 8st Ilb
Earl Spencer's Plate of 5901.; about 4 tur. - Pettit 3
Brennus, by The Colonel, 3 yrs, 6st 3lb Wells 1 7 to 1 on Bee-hunter. Won by a head ; the Agnes
Alonzo, 3 yrs, 5st 10lb
- W. Sharpe 2 filly a bad third; I mi. 57 sec.
Bishop of Romford's Cob, aged, 8st 71b Norman 0
- Sly 0 Chantrey, 4 yrs, 6st 131b Charlton 2 Crucible, 4 yrs, 7 st 121b .
Flatman o Osterley, 4 yrs, 7st . . Maton 8 Ferule, 4 yrs, 7st 121b
- Bartholomew O Wanota, 6 yrs, 8st 71b - Pearl Wallflower, 4 yrs, 7 st 101b
Pearl 0 Halo, 6 yrs, 8st 2lb
• Flatman 0 Ch.g. by Epirus, d. by d'Egville, 4 yrs, Borneo, 4 yrs, 8st 21b Kitchener 0 7 st 5lb
Pettito Ballinafad, 6 yrs, 7st 12b (inc. 5lb ex.) Whitehouse 0 | The Monk, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
Evans 0 Westow, 4 yrs, 7st 6lb
6st lilb) Basbam o Fernande, 3 yrs, 6st 8lb (carrie Belus, 4 yrs, 7 st 5lb • Pettito
Kitchener Iron-rail, 6 yrs, 7st 21b Dockeray o Willingham, 4 yrs, 6st 9lb
• Rodney 0 Grief, 4 yrs, 7st . Crouch
. 0 Harum-schrum, 4 yrs, 6st 8lb
Collins 0 Mounseer, 4 yrs, 6st 131b
Osborne, jun. Tophana, 5 yrs, 6st 131b
- Charlion Equiria, 3 yrs, 6st 41b
0 Pius IX.. 5 yrs. 6st Wb . H. Marson 0 Humphrey, 3 yrs, 5st 121b
Hietto Mahratta, 4 yrs, 5st 1 lb . Collins | Diligence, 8 yrs, 5st 10lb .
Plummer fell Harriott, 3 yrs, 5st 101b
W. Sharre 0
B. f. by Pantaloon-The Mite (h. b.),
. Musician, 3 yrs, 4st 121b Wells0 3 vrs, 5st 191b
- "Childs fell
. Bastinado, 8 yrs, 4st olh
Stegoles 013 to agst Crucible, 6 to lagst Wallflower. 7 to 1 7 to 2 agst Osterley, 6 to 1 agst Mounseer. 6 to i lagst Alonzo, 8 to lagst the Cob, 10 to lagst Ferule. agst Ballinatad, 7 lo I agst Belus, 8 to lagst Chan
| 10 to 1 agst Fernande, 12 to 1 agst any other. Won trey, 10 to 1 agst Hariioit, 14 to 1 agat Bastinado,
by a neck ; the Recluse third ; Jest, Equiria, and 3) to lagst Halo, 20 to l agst Musician, 40 to 1 agst
the Cob well up. 47 sec. Priestess, and 1,000 to 15 agst Mahratta. Won | The Althorp Park Stakes of 3101., for 2 yr olds; by a length: a head between second and third ;
T.Y.C. Halo a bad fourth; Topbana and Mounseer next; Payment, by Slane, 8st 4lb
Bartholomew I Ballinafad seventh, and Grief eighth; Wanota, Prestige, 8st 41b
- A. Day Belus, Iron-rail, and Mahratta, beaten off. 3 min. Buckhound, 8st 716
F. Butler 3 46 sec.
Leap-year, 8st 71b - . - - Crouch