« PreviousContinue »
1. With coal worth $6 a ton, what is the cost of 3 tons ? Of 5 tons ? Of 7 tons ? Of 9 tons ?
SUGGESTION. — The cost of 3 tons is three times $6.
2. When oranges are selling at $6 a box, what must be paid for 4 boxes? For 8 boxes ? For 12 boxes ?
3. If a boy can earn $6 a week, how much can he earn in 11 weeks? In 9 weeks? In 7 weeks ?
4. If a man saves $ 6 each week, how much does he save in 4 weeks? In 8 weeks? In 12 weeks ?
5. At $ 6 a pair, what is the cost of 2 times 6 pairs of shoes ?
6. At $6 a suit, what is the cost of 3 suits of clothes ?
7. At $6 a barrel, how many barrels of flour can be bought for $12? For $18? For $ 24? For $30 ?
SUGGESTION. As many barrels of flour can be bought for $ 12 as there are 6's in 12.
8. At $6 a cord for wood, how many cords can be bought for $ 60 ? For $ 48 ? For $ 72 ? For $ 66 ?
9. A grocer paid $ 30 for 6 barrels of flour. What was the price he paid per barrel ?
SUGGESTION. - The price per barrel was of $30.
10. A railroad train ran 120 miles in 6 hours. What was the speed per hour ?
11. Six cows sold for $ 180. What was the average selling price per cow?
12. How many sheep at $5 a head can be bought for $ 50 ? For $ 100 ? For $ 150 ?
13. How many barrels of apples at $4 a barrel can be bought for $24? For $ 240 ? For $ 36 ? For $ 360 ?
14. What is the cost of of 72 oranges at 5 cents apiece ?
1. How many days are twice seven days? 2. How many hours are three times seven hours ? 3. How many minutes are four times seven minutes ? 4. How
seconds are five times seven seconds ? 5. How many weeks are six times seven weeks? 6. How many months are seven times seven months ? 7. How many years are eight times seven years ? 8. How many miles are nine times seven miles ? 9. How many rods are ten times seven rods ? 10. How many yards are eleven times seven yards ? 11. How many feet are twelve times seven feet?
12. How many 7's are there in 42 ? In 28 ? In 35 ? In 21 ? In 14 ? In 56 ?
13. How many 7's are there in 63 ? In 84 ? In 70 ? In 49? In 77 ? In 140 ?
14. What is 4 of 14 pecks? Of 21 feet? Of 35 weeks ? 15. What is 4 of 49 days ? Of 56 sheep? Of 42 oxen ? 16. What is 4 of 84 knives? Of 70 spoons? Of 63 cups ?
17. How many days are there in 3 weeks? In 5 weeks? In 7 weeks?
18. How many days are there in 7 weeks ? In 9 weeks ? In 8 weeks ?
19. How many weeks are there in 35 days ? In 70 days? In 63 days?
20. How many desks are there in a room with 8 rows, there being 7 desks in a row?
21. Eleven boys have each 7 marbles. How many more marbles have six of the boys than the other five?
22. With 7 eggs in each of 9 baskets, how many eggs are there?
23. With 7 sheep in each of 6 pens, how many sheep are there?
8 LESSON VI.
1. How many are four and seven? Fourteen and seven ? Twenty-four and seven? Thirty-four and seven? Fortyfour and seven? Fifty-four and seven? Sixty-four and seven ? Seventy-four and seven ? Eighty-four and seven? Ninety-four and seven ?
2. How many are five and seven ? Fifteen and seven ? Twenty-five and seven? Thirty-five and seven? Forty-five and seven ? Fifty-five and seven? Sixty-five and seven ? Seventy-five and seven? Eighty-five and seven? Ninetyfive and seven ?
3. How many are six and seven ? Sixteen and seven ? Twenty-six and seven? Thirty-six and seven? Forty-six and seven ? Fifty-six and seven? Sixty-six and seven ? Seventy-six and seven ? Eighty-six and seven? Ninety-six and seven ?
4. How many are seven and seven ? Seventeen and seven? Twenty-seven and seven ? Thirty-seven and seven ? Forty-seven and seven? Fifty-seven and seven? Sixtyseven and seven ? Seventy-seven and seven? Eighty-seven and seven? Ninety-seven and seven ?
5. How many are eight and seven ? Eighteen and seven ? Twenty-eight and seven? Thirty-eight and seven? Fortyeight and seven ? Fifty-eight and seven? Sixty-eight and seven? Seventy-eight and seven ? Eighty-eight and seven? Ninety-eight and seven?
6. How many are nine and seven? Nineteen and seven ? Twenty-nine and seven? Thirty-nine and seven? Fortynine and seven? Fifty-nine and seven? Sixty-nine and seven? Seventy-nine and seven? Eighty-nine and seven? Ninety-nine and seven? Fifty-eight and seven ? Seventyeight and seven? Ninety-eight and seven? Twenty-eight and seven ?
How many are:
How many are: Eleven less seven ?
Fourteen less seven ? Twenty-one less seven? Twenty-four less seven ? Thirty-one less seven ? Thirty-four less seven? Forty-one less seven ? Forty-four less seven ? Fifty-one less seven ? Fifty-four less seven? Sixty-one less seven ? Sixty-four less seven ? Seventy-one less seven? Seventy-four less seven? Eighty-one less seven ? Eighty-four less seven? Ninety-one less seven? Ninety-four less seven? One hundred one less seven ? One hundred four less seven? Twelve less seven ?
Fifteen less seven ? Twenty-two less seven ? Twenty-five less seven ? Thirty-two less seven ? Thirty-five less seven ? Forty-two less seven? Forty-five less seven ? Fifty-two less seven ? Fifty-five less seven ? Sixty-two less seven ? Sixty-five less seven? Seventy-two less seven ? Seventy-five less seven ? Eighty-two less seven ? Eighty-five less seven ? Ninety-two less seven ? Ninety-five less seven ? One hundred two less seven? | One hundred five less seven? Thirteen less seven ?
Sixteen less seven ? Twenty-three less seven? Twenty-six less seven ? Thirty-three less seven? Thirty-six less seven? Forty-three less seven? Forty-six less seven ? Fifty-three less seven ? Fifty-six less seven? Sixty-three less seven? Sixty-six less seven ? Seventy-three less seven? Seventy-six less seven? Eighty-three less seven ? Eighty-six less seven ? Ninety-three less seven ? Ninety-six less seven ? One hundred three less seven? | One hundred six less seven ?
How many are:
Two 8's ?
What is 1 of:
24 gills ?
How many 8's:
In 80 ?
1. There are 8 quarts in a peck. How many quarts are there in 3 pecks? In 5 pecks? In 7 pecks ?
2. How many pecks in 64 quarts ? In 16 quarts ? In 32 quarts?
3. How many horses are three times 8 horses, and four times 4 horses ?
4. If } of a quantity of butter is worth $8, how much is s of the quantity worth?
5. If of a quantity of coal is worth $24, how much is į of the quantity worth ? 6. How many
desks are there in 7 rows of 8 desks each ? 7. The seating capacity of a schoolroom is 64 desks. There are as many rows as there are seats in a row. How many rows are there, and how many seats in a row ?
8. Each of twelve boys has 8 marbles. How many more marbles have seven of the boys than the other five?
9. How many pupils are there in a room, with three rows of boys and four rows of girls, there being 8 desks in a row ?