« PreviousContinue »
1. If 3 yards of cambric cost 33 cents, what is the cost of one yard ?
2. How far does a horse travel in one hour, if he travels 35 miles in 5 hours ?
3. A man paid $36 for 3 suits of clothes. What was the price for each suit, if each cost the same amount ?
4. If 4 marble-top tables, all of the same style, cost $36, what is the cost of one table ?
5. The cost of 2 kitchen ranges was $ 40. How much is one range worth? 6. If 40 cents is paid for riding 4 miles, what rate is
mile? 7. If Mr. A. can travel 40 mi in 5 hours, how far can he travel in one hour ?
8. The price paid for 4 sheep was $44. What was the average price for each sheep?
9. If a man's wages are $ 45 for 5 weeks, how much does he earn each week ?
10. How much does each laborer earn a week, if 4 laborers earn $ 48 ?
11. Mr. H. divided $ 50 equally among his 5 children. How much was given to each ?
12. A distance of 55 miles of railroad was divided into 5 equal sections. How many miles were in each section ?
13. The rent of a cottage for 5 months was $ 60. What was the rent per month ?
14. A steamship sails 60 miles in 3 hours. What is its rate of speed per hour?
15. A contractor divided $100 equally among 5 men. How much did he give to each man ?
16. A man paid $ 80 for 4 office desks, which were exactly alike. What was the price of one desk?
1. At $2 a yard, how many yards of carpet can be bought for $4 ?
2. At $2 an ounce, how many ounces of a certain drug can be bought for $6?
3. At the rate of $3 a day, in how many days can a man earn $ 6?
4. At 2 cents each, how many roses can be bought for 8 cents ?
5. How many miles can a man ride for 8 cents, if he pays 4 cents for riding one mile ?
6. At $3 a yard, how many yards of silk can be bought for $9?
7. At $2 a pair, how many pairs of skates can be bought for $ 10?
8. If one cord of wood costs $5, how many cords can be bought for $ 10?
9. At $ 2 a day for each man, how many men can earn $ 12 in one day ?
10. At 3 cents a pound, how many pounds of salt can be bought for 12 cents ?
11. If one quart of oil costs 4 cents, how many quarts can be bought for 12 cents ?
12. At $2 for each day, in how many days can a man earn $ 14?
13. A man paid $15 for hats at $3 each. hats did he buy?
14. A lady paid 15 cents car fare for herself and friends. If the fare for each person was 5 cents, how many persons were paid for ?
15. At 10 cents a box, how many boxes of berries can be bought for 50 cents ? For 70 cents ? For 90 cents ? For 100 cents ?
1. If there are 4 pecks in one bushel, how many
bushels are there in 16 pecks ?
2. If a contractor can erect 2 houses each month, in how many months can he erect 18 houses ?
3. If a pear tree grows 3 inches each week, in how many weeks will it grow 18 inches ?
4. In how many days will a pupil recite 20 lessons, if he recites 2 lessons each day ?
5. If one pair of shoes costs $4, how many pairs can be bought for $20 ?
6. At $5 a barrel, how many barrels of flour can be bought for $20 ?
7. If a man can work only 3 days each week, in how many weeks can he work 21 days?
8. At $2 each, how many umbrellas can be bought for $ 22 ?
9. At $2 a dozen, how many dozen pearl buttons can be bought for $ 24 ?
10. If a farmer can plow 3 acres of land each day, in how many days can he plow 24 acres ?
11. If a farmer's stock consume 4 tons of hay each month, in how many months do they consume 24 tons ?
12. At the rate of 5 miles an hour, in how many hours can a man travel 25 miles ?
13. At $3 a yard, how many yards of silk can be bought for $ 27 ?
14. There are 4 quarts in one gallon. How many gallons are there in 28 quarts ?
15. At $2 a yard, how many yards of velvet can be bought for $30 ?
16. There are 3 feet in one yard. How many yards are there in 27 feet ?
1. A farmer obtained 30 pounds of wool from his sheep, which was an average of 3 pounds of wool from each sheep. How many sheep had he?
2. At 5 cents each, how many lead pencils can be bought for 30 cents ?
3. At the rate of 4 cents each, how many lemons can be bought for 32 cents ?
4. How many quarts of oil at 3 cents a quart can be bought for 33 cents ?
5. If there are 5 trees in each row, how many rows of trees are there in an orchard of 35 trees ?
6. At $3 a hundredweight, how many hundredweight of flour can be bought for $ 36 ?
7. If a man earns $ 4 each day, in how many days can he earn $ 36 ?
8. If a dealer sells 2 carriages each day, in how many days will he sell 40 carriages ?
9. Four pecks equal one bushel. How many bushels do 40 pecks equal ?
10. If a man can dig 5 bushels of potatoes each hour, in how many hours can he dig 40 bushels ?
11. At the rate of $ 4 for one chair, how many chairs can be bought for $44 ?
12. If, with a machine, a man can cut 5 acres of grass each hour, in how many hours can he cut 45 acres ?
13. If a family consume 4 pounds of meat each day, in how many days do they consume 48 pounds?
14. If a horse can walk 5 miles an hour, in how many hours can he walk 50 miles ?
15. A dealer sold 5 barrels of flour each day until 60 barrels were sold. In how many days were the 60 barrels sold ?
1. One yard equals 3 feet. How many feet in of a yard ? In of a yard ?
2. One gallon equals 4 quarts. How many quarts in 1 of a gallon? In of a gallon?
3. A chain is 5 yards long. How long is of the chain ? of it?
4. A wire 5 feet in length is cut into fifths. How long is of the wire ? of it?
5. There are 6 working days in each week. How many working days are there in of a week ?
6. If one peck equals 8 quarts, how many quarts equal of a peck?
7. If a man can earn $ 9 a day, how much can he earn in of a day?
8. A rope is 10 feet long. What is the length of of it? Of of it? Of of it ?
9. A house lot is 12 rods long. Find şof the length. 10. The cost of a lady's bonnet was $ 12.
What was å of the cost?
11. The distance from A to B is 15 miles. How far did a man travel who went şof the distance ?
12. There are 15 pupils in a class, f of whom are boys. How many boys are there in the class ?
13. A flag pole extended 15 feet above the roof, and of it was broken off in a storm. How many feet were broken off ?
14. James is 16 years of age, and Clarence is as old. How old is Clarence ?
15. Sarah picked 18 quarts of cherries, and Alice as many. How many quarts did Alice pick ?
16. Mary shelled 4 quarts of peas, and her sister as many. How many quarts did the sister pick ?