« PreviousContinue »
1. A man paid $ 20 for a suit of clothes, and $3 less for an overcoat. How much did he pay for the overcoat ?
2. A boy has $ 17 in the bank. If he puts in $ 4 more, how many
dollars will he have in the bank ? 3. Edward is 21 years of age. How old was he 4 years
4. There are 17 bushels of corn in one bin, and 5 bushels more than that in another. How many bushels are there in the second bin ?
5. Mr. B. bought 22 head of cattle, and sold 5 of them. How many cattle had he left ?
6. A lady bought 18 pounds of butter and 2 pounds of rice. How many pounds of food did she buy?
7. A boy earned $ 20 in May, and $2 less in June. How much did he earn in June ?
8. If a pound of cheese costs 18 cents, and a bar of soap 3 cents, what is the cost of both ?
9. A watch was sold for $21, whereby $3 was gained. What was the cost of the watch ?
10. The cost of a clock was $ 18, and it was sold at a gain of $ 4. What was the selling price ?
11. The distance from A to B is 22 miles, which is 4 miles farther than from A to C. How far is it from A to C?
12. A young man is 18 years old, and his age more than his brother's. How old is his brother ?
13. A gardener picked 23 roses, and gave away 5 of them. How many did he keep ?
14. Julia has 19 peaches, which is 2 peaches less than Mary has. How many peaches has Mary?
15. James earned $ 21, and received all but $2 of that amount. How much did he receive ?
is 5 years
1. The cost of a table is $19, and the cost of a set of chairs is $ 3 more. What is the cost of the chairs ?
2. From a piece of cloth containing 22 yards, 3 yards were cut. How many yards remained ?
3. Alice saw 19 ducks in one flock, and 4 ducks in another. How many ducks did she see in both flocks ?
4. From a basket containing 23 peaches, Ruth took 4 peaches. How many were left in the basket ?
5. A watch was sold for $ 19, and a chain for $5. How much was received for both ?
6. The length of a room is 24 feet, and its width is 5 feet less. How wide is the room ?
7. Blanche is 21 years of age, and Harriet is 5 years older. How old is Harriet?
8. Nettie is 26 years of age, and George is 4 years younger. How old is George?
9. Fred picked 23 quarts of strawberries, and Frank picked 5 quarts more. How many quarts did Frank pick?
10. A jeweler sold a ruby for $26, which was $4 more than it cost him. How much did it cost him ?
11. A set of harness cost $ 24, and a bridle $ 5. What was the cost of both ?
12. Out of a flock of 28 geese, 4 geese were killed. How many were left alive?
13. A man has 28 bushels of wheat, which is 5 bushels less than his stock of corn. How much corn has he ?
14. From a barrel containing 31 gallons of molasses, 5 gallons leaked out. How many gallons remained?
15.. What was the selling price of a watch, if it cost $ 37 and was sold at a loss of $4 ?
16. A house is 38 feet high, and is 5 feet higher than the next house. How high is the next house?
1. If one apple costs 2 cents, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 2 apples ?
2. If one peach costs 3 cents, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 2 peaches ?
3. If one pear is worth 2 cents, how much, at the same rate, are 3 pears worth ?
4. If a boy can earn 4 cents each hour, how much can he earn in 2 hours ?
5. At 2 cents a yard, how much are 4 yards of tape worth?
6. If one yard equals 3 feet, how many feet do 3 yards
7. If a man works 5 days each week, how many days does he work in 2 weeks ?
8. If one pencil costs 2 cents, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 5 pencils ?
9. At the rate of 6 cents a mile, how much does it cost to ride 2 miles ?
10. If one orange costs 4 cents, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 3 oranges ?
11. If a man can earn $3 a day, how much can he earn in 4 days?
12. If one quart of milk costs 7 cents, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 2 quarts ?
13. If a man can walk 5 miles an hour, how far can he walk in 3 hours ?
14. If a boy can earn $3 each week, how much can he earn in 5 weeks ?
15. Mary is 8 years old, and Ann is twice as old. How old is Ann?
16. If one pair of shoes costs $4, what, at the same rate, is the cost of 4 pairs of shoes ?
1. If one square yard equals 9 square feet, how many square feet do 2 square yards equal ?
2. If one yard of ribbon costs 6 cents, how much are 3 yards of the same ribbon worth ?
3. At 10 cents a pound, what is the cost of 2 pounds of soap ?
4. If a man can walk 5 miles each hour, how far can he walk in 4 hours ?
5. If a square contains 4 square feet, how many square feet do 5 such squares contain ?
6. If there are 7 days in a week, how many days are there in 3 weeks ?
7. If one dozen eggs are worth 11 cents, how much are 2 dozen worth ?
8. One dozen equals 12 units. How many units equal 2 dozen ? 3 dozen ?
9. If a boy can earn $8 each week, how much can he earn in 3 weeks ?
10. If a man works 6 days each week, how many days does he work in 4 weeks ?
11. There are 5 petals in one wild rose. How many petals are there in 5 wild roses ?
12. If one quart of oil costs 9 cents, how much is the cost of 3 quarts ?
13. If one ton of coal costs $ 7, how much do 4 tons cost ?
14. At $10 a cord, how much do 3 cords of wood cost?
15. If one barrel of flour costs $ 6, how much do. 5 barrels of flour cost ?
16. Mr B. traveled 8 miles by stage, and 4 times as far by rail. How far did he travel by rail ?
1. A boy had $ 11, and his father gave him 3 times as much. How much did his father give him ?
2. John is 7 years old, and his father is 5 times as old. How old is his father ?
3. At $ 12 a barrel, what is the cost of 3 barrels of chestnuts ?
4. Horace worked 9 days, and Joseph 4 times as long. How many days did Joseph work?
5. At 10 cents an hour, how much can a boy earn in 4 hours ?
6. A man traveled 8 miles an hour by stage, and 5 times as fast by rail. How far did he travel an hour by rail ?
7. James earns $ 11 a week, and his father earns 4 times as much. How much does the father earn ?
8. At $9 for each chair, what is the cost of 5 rocking chairs ?
9. One pound of cheese costs 12 cents. How much are 4 pounds worth?
10. At the rate of 10 miles an hour, how far can a man travel in 5 hours ?
11. At $11 a head, what is the cost of 5 head of sheep?
12. If a laborer receives $12 each week, how much does he receive in 5 weeks ?
13. A fariner bought 2 cows at $ 20 each. How much did he pay for them ?
14. A dealer sold 3 ice boxes at $ 20 each. How much did he receive for them ?
15. If the cost of one sideboard is $20, how much are 4 such sideboards worth ?
16. If a man can earn $20 each week, how much can he earn in 5 weeks?