« PreviousContinue »
Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him.
449. Joh. iv, 23. But the Hour cometh, and
Now is, when the true Worshippers fhall worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth; For the Father seeketh such to worship him.
450. xii, 28. Father, glorify Thy Name:
Then came there a Voice from Heaven, says. ing; I have both glorified it, and will glori
fy it again.
451. xiv; 13,14. And whatsoever
Thall task in my Name, That will I do, that the l'ather may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask
shall ask any thing in my Name, I will do it.
+ Ask the Farber in my Name, ch. 15, 16; and JÓ, 23. And so some MSS read also in This place.
13. That the Father may be glorified in the Son.
453. xv, 8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye
bear much Fruit; so fhall ye be my Disciples.
shall ask of the Father in my Name, he may give it you.
xvi; 23, 24. In that day ye shall ask
Me nothing. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Hithertho have ye asked nothing in my Name: Ask, and ye shall receive; that your
joy may be full. 456. Joh. xvi; 26, 27. At that day ye shall ask in
my Name: And I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you;
For the Father himself loveth you, &c. 457. Afts iv; 24, 30. They lift up their Voice to
God, saying ; Lord, thou art God; — grant that wonders may be done by the Name of thy Holy 1 Child Jesus.
+ See N° 869.
458. Rom.i, 8. I thank my God through Jesus
9. God whom I serve [Gr. whom I worship] in the Gospel of his Son.
vii, 25. I thank God, through Jefus Christ our Lord.
viii; 26,27. The Spirit itself maketh intercession for us :
And He that searcheth the Hearts,knoweth what is the Mind of the Spirit; because he maketh intercession for the Saints, according to the Will of GOD.
462. Rom. xv, 6. That ye may with one mind
and one mouth glorify God, even the Father
463. 7. As Christ also received us, to the
Glory of God,
464. 30. I beseech you, brethren, for the
Lord Jesus Christs fake, and for the Love of
xvi, 27. To God only Wise, be glory
behalf, for the grace of God, which is given
xv, 57. Thanks be to God, which gi-
Christ. 468. 2 Cor. i, 3. Blessed be God, even the Fa.
ther of our Lord Jesus Christ. 469.
20. For all the promises of God in Him [in Christ, ] are yea ; unto the glory of God by us.
ii, 14. Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ.
2 Cor.ix, 13. they glorify God, for your
professed subjection unto the Gospel of Christ. 472. Gal. i, 5. To whom be glory for ever and
The word, whom, is ambiguous in this place ; and may refer either to Cbrift, or to God the Father ; But, in the most natural construction of the Words, it refers to God the Father.
473. Ephef. i, 3. Blessed be the God and Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual Blessings in heavenly pla
ces in Christ. 474.
6, 7. To the Praise of the Glory of his Grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved;
In whom we have redemption through his Blood, &c.
475. 12. That we should be to the Praise
of His (viz. the Fathers] Glory; who first trusted in Chrift.
14. Which [Spirit] is the Earnest of our Inheritance, unto the † Praise of HIS Glory.
+ The Praise of God the Father ; as appears from the same Phrase repeated twice before, ver. 6&1:: Though, in this 14th verse, the more obvious construction of the Words, does indeed refer them to Christ, as being last mentioned ver. 13.
477. Ephef. i ; 16, 17. Cease not to give
Thanks for you, making mention of you
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the
ii; 16, 18. And that he (viz. Chrift]
iii, 12. In whom we have boldness and access [to the Father;] with confidence by the Faith of Him.
480. 14, 16. I bow my knees unto the FAther of our Lord Jesus Christ ;
that He would grant you, &c.'
Unto him be Glory in the Church by Christ Jesus, throughout all Ages, world without end, Amen.
482. V ;, 19, 20, Singing
Heart t to the Lord ;
Giving thanks always for all things unto
+ See N° 713, 722.
483. vi, 6. Praying always with all Prayer and Supplication in the Spirit.