« PreviousContinue »
is the Son of GOD, GOD dwelleth in Him, and He in GOD.
300. 1Yoh. v, 1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus
is the Christ, is born of GOD.
301. 5,6. He that believeth that Jesus is
the Son of GOD: And it is the Spirit that beareth Witness.
302. 9. If we receive the Witness of Men,
the f witness of GOD is greater; For This is the witness of GOD, which he hath testified of bis Son.
+ By the Voice from Heaven at our Saviours Baptism, and by the Spirit being visibly sent down upon him: For, what is here called the Witness of God, is expressed ver. 7, it is the Spirit that beareth witness.
10. He that believeth on the Son of GOD, hath the witness in himself: He that believeth not GOD, hath made him a Lyar, because he believeth not the Record that GOD gave of his S'on.
304: II. And This is the Record, that
GOD hath given to us eternal Life ; And this Life, is in his Son.
305. 2 Joh. 3. Grace be with you, mercy and
peace, from GOD the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ the Son of the Father.
2 Joh. 9. Whosoever transgresseth,and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not GOD; He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
307. Jude 1. To them that are fan&tified by
GOD the Father, and preserved in Jesus
-308. 20, 21. Praying in the Holy Ghost ;
Keep yourselves in the Love of GOD, looking for the Mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal Life,
309. Rev. i, 1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which GOD gave unto him.
2. Who bare Record of the Word of GOD, and of the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
311. 5,6. Unto him that loved us, and
washed us from our Sins in his own Blood;
And hath made us Kings and Priests unto GOD and his Father.
312. 9, IO.
for the Word of GOD, and for the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
I was in the Spirit &c.
ii, 7. To him that overcometh, will I[viz. Christ] give to eat of the Tree of Life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of GOD.
314. Rev.iii, 1. These things faith He, that hath
the seven Spirits of GOD.
315 2. For I [viz. Christ] have not found
thy Works perfect before GOD.
12. Him that overcometh, will I make a Pillar in the Temple of my GOD; ; -- and I will write upon him the Name of my GOD, and the Name of the City of my GOD, which cometh down out of Heaven from my GOD.
317. 14. These things faith the Amen, the
faithful and true Witness, the Beginning [ń azză, the + Head) of the Creation of GOĎ.
+ See Coloff. i, 18; and No 672.
iv ; 5. And there were seven Lamps of Fire burning before the Throne, which are the seven Spirits of GOD.
- A Lamb,-havingseven Eyes, which are the seven Spirits of GOD, sent forth into all the Earth.
Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to GOD by thy Blood,
And hast made us unto our GOD, Kings and Priests.
311. Rev. vii, 1o. To our GOD which fit
teth upon the Throne, and to the Lamb.
322. 14, 15.
have washed their Robes, and made them white in the Blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the Throne of GOD; and he that sitteth on the Throne, shall dwell amongst them.
17. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the Throne, shall feed them; GOD shall wipe away all Tears from their Eyes.
324 xii, 10. Now is come
the Kingdom of our GOD, and the Power of his Christ.
325. 17. Which keep the Commandments
of GOD, and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ.
xiv, 4. Being the First-fruits unto GOD, and to the Lamb.
10. The Wrath of GOD, in the presence of the Lamb.
12. That keep the Commandments of GOD, and the Faich of Jesus.
329. Rev. xix, 9. -- unto the Marriage-Supper
of the Lamb : And he saith unto me, These are the true Sayings of GOD.
10. Worship GON: For the Testimony of Jesus, is † the Spirit of Prophecy. + See N°
13: And his Name is called, The Word of GOD.
XX, 4. that were beheaded for the witness of Fesus, and for the Word of GOD.
6. They shall be Priests of GOD, and of Christ. 334. xxi, 23. For the Glory of GOD
did lighten it, and the Lamb is the Light thereof.
335. xxii, 1. Proceeding out of the
Throne of GOD, and of the Lamb.
3. The Throne of GOD and of the Lamb Thall be in it; And his Servants Ihall serve him.
In all these Paffages, íbe Fathier is ftiled GOD ahsolutely, by way of Eminence"; The Construction it self