« PreviousContinue »
of the Father who is God Supreme over
5. Almighty God, Father of all mercies --Thanks. we bless thee
for Thine inestimable xiving
Love in the Redemption of the World by our Lord Jesus Chrift.
The blessed Hope, which Thou 2d Sund. hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
in Ad. Vent.
7. Almighty God, who hast given us thy male day. onby-begotten Son to take our
nature upon him.
Almighty God, who madeft thy b'elled the Cir. Son to be circumcised &c.
9. Almighty and everlasting God, who of 6th Sund. thy tender Love towards Mankind, hast
sent thy Son our Saviour Jefus Christ, to take upon him our Flesh.
Almighty Father, who hast given thine 1 Sund. 'only Son to die for our Sins:
Almighty God, who hast given thine on-Coll. for ly Son, to be unto us both a Sacrifice for after Ea. Sin, &c.
O God the King of Glory, who haft ex- Sund. afalted thine only Son Jesus Christ with great ter AscenTriumph unto Thy Kingdom in Heaven. hon.
O Almighty God, who by thy Son Jesus St Peters Christ didst give to thy Apostle &c.
14 O Almighty God, who hy thy blessed St Mata Son didst call Matthew -; Grant us---- thews to follow the same thy Son Jesus Christ. day. ,
15. O Almighty God, who haft built thy Şim. and Church upon the Foundation of the A- Judes day postles and Prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the Head-Corner-Stone.
God, of God; Light, of Light ; &c. Nicene
17. It is our duty to render most humble Warning and hearty thanks to Almighty God our
Commu. heavenly nion.
In the Of. Almighty God and heavenly Father, who fice for
of thine infinite Love and Goodness toOrdaining of Priests, wards us, haft given to us thy only and The Prayer most dearly beloved Son Jesus Christ, to Hymn. be our Redeemer.
29. In the Of Almighty God, who by thy Son Jesus fice for Christ didît give &c. of Bishops.
SE CT. V.
The principal Passages, wherein is ex
pressed the Subordination of the Holy Spirit to the Father; bis deriving his Being from Him, being sent by Him, and acting in all things according to His Will.
ET us beseech Him, (viz. Almighty
of our Lord Jesus Ehrift,] to grant us - his Holy Spirit.
In the Re." And take not thy Holy Spirit from us. sponsēs.
3. And fo replenish her with the grace of The Prayt thy Holy Spirit.
er for the
4. Endue them with thy Holy Spirit.
er for the
Royal Fa5. Send down the healthful Spirit of The Pray
er for the thy grace.
Clergy 6. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of Athanas,
Creed. the Son -proceeding.
7. the Holy Ghost, proceeding from Litany, the the Father and the Son.
.8. That it may please Thee — to endue The last us with the grace of thy Holy Spirit.
that it may be so guided The Prayby thy good Spirit &c.
er for all
grant that we may daily be renewed by thy Holy Spirit. Christmas
Coll. on Day.
Coll. on Grant, O Lord, that
Send thy Holy Ghoft, &c.
13. Coll. on
but send to us thine Holy Ghost to Sund, after comfort us. Ascension.
14. God, who as at this time didst teach Whitsund. the Hearts of thy faithful People, by
the sending to them the Light of thy Holy Spirit ; Grant to us by the same Spirit, &c.
15. Mercifully grant, that thy Holy Spirit i9th Sund. atter Trin. may in all things direct and rule our
716. O Lord God Almighty, who didst en St Barna- due
with singular gifts of the Holy
bas's Day. Ghost.