« PreviousContinue »
783. Joh. iii, 34: He whom God hath sent,
35. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 785. iv, 34. My Meat is to do the Will
of him that fent me, and to finish his Work.
V. 19. The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he feeth the Father do ; for what things foever he doth, these also doth the Son likewise.
I can of mine own self do nothing, faith our Saviour, because he is not of himself; and whosoever reo cieves his Being, must recieve his Power from another.-The Son then can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do, because he hath no Power of himself, but what the Father gave; And, being he gave him All the Power,
therefore what things foever he doth, these also doth the Son likewise. Bp Pearson on the Creed, 4th Edit. pag. 34.
787 20, 21, 22. For the Father loveth
the Son, and sheweth him all things that Him-
For as the Father raiseth up the Dead, and
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment to the Son.
788. Joh. v, 23. He that honoureth not the
Son, honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
26, 27. For as the Father hath Life in Himself, so hath he given to the Son to have Life in Himself.
And hath given him Authority to execute Judgment allo, because he is † The Son of Man.
See N° 687, 798.
+ That Son of Man, described Dan vii, 13 &c. 790. 30. I can of my own self do nothing:
As I hear, I judge: And my Judgment is juit, because I seek not my own Will, but the Will of the Father which hath fent me.
See No 786. 791.
31, 37. If I bear witness of my self, my Witness is not true.. -The Father himself which hath sent me, hath born witness of me.
36. The Works which the Father hath given me to finish ; the same Works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Fa
ther hath sent me. 793
43. I am come in my Father's Name, and ye receive me not : if another shall come in his own Name, bim ye will receive.
794. Job. vi, 27. For, Him hath God the Fa
Gr. Τετον γδοοατήρ έσφράγισεν, ο θεός. For, Him bath the Father, even GOD, sealed.
That ye believe on Him, whom He [God] hath sent.
796. 37, 38, 39, 40. All that the Fa
ther giveth me, shall come to me,
For I came down from Heaven, not to do mine own Will, but the Will of Him that fent me.
And this is the Fathers Will which hath sent me; that of all which he hath given me, Í should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
And This is the Will of Him that fent me; that &c.
44. The Father which hath sent
57. As the Living Father has sent me, and I live by the Father ; so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
See N° 667.
vii ; 16, 17, My Doctrine is not mine, but His that fent me: If any man will do bis Will; he shall know of the doctrine
whether it be of God, or whether I speak of my felf.
800. Joh. vii, 18. He that speaketh of himself,
seeketh his own glory : But He that seeketh His glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
28, 29. I am not come of my Self ; but He that sent me, is True :
I am from him, and he hath sent me.
33. And then I go unto Him that
viii, 16. 1, and the Father that
26. He that sent me, is True and I speak to the World those things which I have heard of Him.
28. I do nothing of my self; but, as my Father has taught me, I speak these things.
29. He that fent me, is with me; The Father bath not left me alone; For I do always those things that please him.
807. Joh. viii. 38. I speak that which I have
seen with my Father.
40. the Truth, which I have heard of God. 809.
42. I proceedeth forth, and came from God; Neither came I of my self, but he fent me.
I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour Me: And I feek not mine own glory ; There is One that seeketh
and judgeth. 811.
54. If I honour my self, my Honour is nothing. It is my Father that honour.
eth me, of whom ye say that he is your God. 812.
55. I know him, and keep his Saying. 813.
I must work the Works of Him that sent me. 814.
X, 17. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my Life, that I might take it again.
18. No man taketh it (my Life ] from me, but I lay it down of myself; I have Power to lay it down, and I have power to