« PreviousContinue »
Fr boe 103 an mht.mp3 15 Ere certicales : sister of Business state
15. What amusi instituie pre hi tin any teachers exempt! Who think 166. Who has the custoty with thoi 167. Who conducts institutununia 168. May two or more could not 169. How much money may hain ortid one year for the support of losi
170. What is the laryst med treasury for any gue tant
17. How mar á leaChA bundy amount o* proper tha. ad I B W20L 11. LN
186. In cities, who selects the truant officer? 187. What notice to parents are truant officers required to give ?
What penalty may be inflicted on parents who refuse to send their children to school :
189. Can parents evade the compulsory law because of being too poor to buy text-books?
190. In what city school districts may the board establish ungraded schools? 191. What children are considered as juvenile disorderly persons ? 192. What courts have jurisdiction over truancy? 193. Are superintendents required by law to assist the truant officer?
194. What sentence may be imposed upon juvenile disorderly persons ? To what State institutions may they be sentenced ?
195. What officer must be consulted before sentence is passed upon a juvenile disorderly person ?
196. Does the constitution of the State provide for the establishment of libraries?
197. Who are entitled to the privileges of the township library? 198. Who has charge of the township library ? 199. Who is custodian of the funds belonging to the township library? 200. Where must the township library be kept? 201. Who appoints the librarian ? 202. How may a district library be established ? 203. Who has charge of the district library ? 204 How are library funds raised ? 205. Under what conditions may a district or township forfeit library money?
206. When and by whom is the library apportionment made ? 207. What amendment was made to the library law by the Legislature of 1895 ? 208. May library moneys ever be used for other purposes ? 209. May district officers ever sell the books of the library ? 210. How many township libraries are there in Michigan ! 211. How many volumes in township libraries ? 212. How many district libraries in Michigan ? 213. How many volumes in district libraries ? 214. Has your township or district a library? If so, in what condition is it :
215. Under our State law, what is meant by free text-books? 216. When was our free text-book law passed ? 217. What text-books may be purchased by school oficers under the provisions of this law?
218. By what vote of the district meeting may the purchase of free text-books be authorized !
219. May a district that has once voted to furnish free text-books return to the former plan of requiring pupils to furnish their own books?
220. What penalty may be inflicted upon school officers who refuse to obey the instructions of the district meeting as to the purchase of free text-books? 221. How many districts in Michigan furnish free text-books? 222. How, in your opinion, should text-books be supplied to pupils? 223. Do you believe in State publication of text-books? 224. What provision is made by law for the teaching of the modes by which dangerous diseases are spread
225. Who furnishes the printed matter to the schools? 226. Who is the principal officer of the State board of health? Where is his office?
227. By whom is the State Manual and Course of Study published? Have you ever seen a copy of it?
228. What is done with the surplus of the dog tax fund?
229. Which section of each township was set apart as a "school" section?
230. What are necessary appendages to a school house? 231. Which ofHcer is authorized to provide necessary apparatus?
232. Should a dictionary be considered as a “necessary appendage" such as a director may purchase without a vote of the district?
233. Select from the following list such articles as a director may purchase without the consent of the voters of the district meeting: Maps, globe, organ, stove, desks, wall pictures, case for library books, towels, water-pail, books for library.
231. Are the following necessary appendages: Line-fence, well, out-houses?
of building committee. 37
of commissioner in case
42 of conductor of teachers'
of deputy supt. of public
of public instruction,
may be revoked.
of district officers in case
of vacancy of trustees..
of first meeting of district 25
of librarian of township
of member of board of ex-
aminers in case of va-
of person to take school
of regents in case of va-
cancy, con. prov., art. xiii 8
.20, 97 of supt. of public instruc-
tion in case of vacancy,
con. prov., art. viii.
not eligible to office...... 42 Apportionment:
of library moneys..
of primary school fund,
con. prov., art. xiii.
to districts by township
duty of supt. of public
acceptance of office. 42
member of district
Board of regents: a member of board of in
of university, con. prov., spection at election to
8 vote bonds...
96 Board of school examiners: and moderator to audit
(See County board of director's accounts. 52
school examiners.) bond required.
55 Board of school inspectors: penalty for neglecting
(See Township board of duties.
school inspectors.) summons to be served on, Board of trustees in graded in suits.
school districts: to appear for district in
election and term of office suits
49 to certify judgment
49 against district to super
powers and duties of 51 to deliver to successor all
vacancy in, how filled. 43 books, etc., belonging to Boards: district.
when authorized to examto keep record of receipts
ine teachers, to collect and expenditures
orders legally Bond:
51 to report receipts
of county commissioner expenditures to district
55 | Bonds: Associations:
district vote on issuance teachers may form..
time limit of amount..... 100 Asylums:
100 for deaf, dumb, blind, and
vote for, by ballot.... 100, 104 insane, con. prov., art. Books of record:
(See records.) Ballot:
Books, school: election of officers to be by 41
(See text-books.) vote on issuance of
Boundaries of districts:
27, 30 voting by.
described in first notice.. Blind:
25 institutions for, con. prov.,
township clerk to give notice of change.
28 art., xiii..
Building committee: Board, district:
37 (See District board.)
voters may appoint..
Census of school districts: Board of education:
when and how taken...33, 53, 94 (See State board of educa- Certificate: tion.)
of inspectors establishing Board of education of graded
of instruction in physiolohow elected and term of
gy to be filed by teacher. 46 office...
filed by director with meetings of.
46 of township districts.. 49 of township clerk of disorganization of..
28 powers and duties. ...46, 51-55 Certificates of qualification to Board of inspection:
teachers: at election to vote on issu
college, granted by State ance of bonds..
board of education.... 69