« PreviousContinue »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND.
59 GEORGE III. 1819.
Printed by His Majesty's Statute and Law Printers;
And fold by J. Butterworth and Son, Law Booksellers,
(Price 11. 4s. 6d. in Boards.)
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the FIRST Session of the SIXTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland; 59 GEORGE III.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to provide for the Care of His Majesty's Royal Person X\ during the Continuance of His Majesty's Illness. Page l
2. An Act for reviving and further continuing, until the First Day of May One thousand eight hundred and nineteen, an Act made in the Fifty first Year of His present Majesty, intituled An Acl U extend an Acl made in the Eighteenth Tear of His late Majesty Khg George the Second, to explain and amend the Laws touching the Elections of the Knights of the Shire to serve in Parliament for England, respecting the Expences of Hustings and Poll Clerks, so far as regards the City of Westminster. 7
3. An Act for continuing to His Majesty certain Duties on Malt, Sugar, Tobacco and Snuff, in Great Britain; and on Pensions, Offices and Personal Estates in England for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and nineteen. Ibid.
4. An Act for raising the Sum of Twenty Millions, by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and nineteen. 9
5. An Act to ascertain the Tonnage of Vessels propelled by Steam.
&• An Act to enable His Majesty to direct the Distribution of any Reward awarded by the Commissioners of the Customs or Excise to the Officers of the Army, Navy or Marines, for apprehending Smugglers, in such manner as His Majesty (hall be pleased to appoint. IO
"• An Act to regulate the Cutlery Trade in England. 11
8. An Act to continue, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty, an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for preventing Aliens from becoming naturalized, or being made or becoming Denizens, except in certain Cafes. 19
9. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army, and their Quarter* Ibid.
A 2 ,0- An
0. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore. P"ge 22
1. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to quality themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the time limited for certain of those Purposes respectively, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty; and to permit such Persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors, to make and file the fame on or before the First Day of Hilary Term One thousand eight hundred and twenty, and to allow Persons to make and file such Affidavits, although the Persons whom they served shall have neglected to take out their Annual Certificates. 23
12. An Act to amend the Laws for the Relief of the Poor. 24
13. An Act to continue Two Acts of the Fifty sixth and Fifty eighth Years of His present Majesty, for reducing the Duties payable on Horses used for the Purposes therein mentioned, to the Fifth Day of April One thousand eight hundred and twenty one; and to reduce the Duties chargeable under certain Acts of the Forty eighth and Fifty second Years of His present Majesty, in respect of certain Horses, Mares, Geldings and Mules. 41
14. An Act to continue, until the First Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty three, an Act of the Forty sixth Year of His present Majesty, for permitting the Exportation of Wool from the British Plantations in America. 43
15. An Act to continue, until the First Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty one, an Act of the Fifty fourth Year of His present Majesty, for granting certain Duties on Merchandise imported into Ireland from any Place within the Limits of the Charter granted to the United Company of Merchants of England trading to the Eajl Indies. 44
16. An Act to carry into effect the Treaty with the Netherlands, relating to the Slave Trade. Ibid.
17. An Act to amend an Act of last Session of Parliament, for carrying into execution a Convention made between His Majesty and the King of Portugal, for the preventing the Traffic in Slaves. 56
18. An Act to make perpetual an Act of the Forty fourth Year of His present Majesty, for permitting the Exportation of Salt from the Port of Najfau in the Island ot New Providence, the Port of Exuma and the Port of Crooked Island, in the Bahama Islands, in American Ships coming in Ballast. 62
19. An Act to render, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty, the growing Produce of the Consolidated Fund of the United Kingdom, arising in Great Britain, available for the Public Service. Hid.
20. An Act to enable the Commissioners of His Majesty's Treasury to issue Exchequer Bills, on the Credit of such Aids or Supplies as have been or shall be granted by Parliament for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and nineteen. 66
21. An Act to amend several Acts for purchasing an Estate for the Duke of Wellington. 67
22. An Act for the further Regulation of His Majesty's Household, and the Care of His Royal Person during the Continuance of His Indisposition. 69
13. An Act to restrain, until the End of the present Session of Parliament, the Governor and Company of the Bank of England from making Payments in Cam under certain Notices given by them for that Purpose. P"ge 73
14- An Act to restrain, until the End of the present Session of Parliament, the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland from making Payments in the Gold Coin of this Realm, under certain Notices given by them. 75
15. An Act to enable His Majesty to fix the Rate and direct the Disposal of Freight Money, for the Conveyance of Specie and Jewels on board His Majesty's Ships and Vessels. 77
16. An Act for fixing the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Innkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers. Ibid.
27. An Act to facilitate the Trial of Felonies committed on board Vessels employed on Canals, Navigable Rivers and Inland Navigation*. . Ibid.
a8. An Act to empower Magistrates to divide the Court of Quarter Sessions. 78
iq- An Act to repeal the Duties on Mineral Alkali, and on Articles containing Mineral Alkali and other Articles, and to impose other Duties in lieu thereof. 80
30. An Act for vesting in Commissioners the Line of Road from Shrewsbury in the County of Salop, to Bangor Ferry m the County of Carnarvon, and for discharging the Trustees under several Acts of the Seventeenth, Twenty eighth, Thirty sixth, Forty first, Forty second, Forty seventh, and Fiftieth Years of His present Majesty, from the future Repair and Maintenance thereof; and for altering and repealing so much of the said Acts as affects the said Line of Road. 82
31. An Act to enable certain Commissioners fully to carry into effect several Conventions for liquidating Claims or British Subjects and others, against the Government of France. Ibid.
31. An Act to continue until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty two, and amend so much of an Act made in the Fifty fifth Year of His present Majesty, for granting, until the Fifth Day of April One thousand eight hundred and nineteen, additional Duties of Excise in Great Britain, as relates to Tobacco and Snuff and certain Excise Licences. 93
33. An Act to continue, until the First Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty one, several Acts of the Fifty fourth and Fifty fifth Years of His present Majesty, respecting the Duties of Customs payable on Merchandise imported into Great Britain, from any Place within the Limits of the Charter granted to the United Company of Merchants of England trading to the Eafi Indies. 94
34. An Act to amend and render more effectual several Acts tor enabling the Commissioners for the Reduction of the National Debt to grant Life Annuities, and to smpower the said Commissioners to grant Annuities for Lives or Years, for promoting the beneficial Purposes of the Fund commonly called The Waterloo Subscription. 95
35. An Act to amend an Act, passed in the Fifty fifth Year of the Rngn of His present Majesty, intituled An AB to facilitate the AJminiflration os Justice in that Part os the United Kingdom called Scotland, by extending Trial by Jury to Civil Causes. 103
A 3 36- A»