ADHD 2.0: New Science and Essential Strategies for Thriving with Distraction--from Childhood through Adulthood
Random House Publishing Group, Jan 4, 2022 - Family & Relationships - 208 pages
A revolutionary new approach to ADD/ADHD featuring cutting-edge research and strategies to help readers thrive, by the bestselling authors of the seminal books Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction
“An inspired road map for living with a distractible brain . . . If you or your child suffer from ADHD, this book should be on your shelf. It will give you courage and hope.”—Michael Thompson, Ph.D., New York Times bestselling co-author of Raising Cain
World-renowned authors Dr. Edward M. Hallowell and Dr. John J. Ratey literally “wrote the book” on ADD/ADHD more than two decades ago. Their bestseller, Driven to Distraction, largely introduced this diagnosis to the public and sold more than a million copies along the way.
Now, most people have heard of ADHD and know someone who may have it. But lost in the discussion of both childhood and adult diagnosis of ADHD is the potential upside: Many hugely successful entrepreneurs and highly creative people attribute their achievements to ADHD. Also unknown to most are the recent research developments, including innovations that give a clearer understanding of the ADHD brain in action. In ADHD 2.0, Drs. Hallowell and Ratey, both of whom have this “variable attention trait,” draw on the latest science to provide both parents and adults with ADHD a plan for minimizing the downside and maximizing the benefits of ADHD at any age. They offer an arsenal of new strategies and lifestyle hacks for thriving with ADHD, including
• Find the right kind of difficult. Use these behavior assessments to discover the work, activity, or creative outlet best suited to an individual’s unique strengths.
• Reimagine environment. What specific elements to look for—at home, at school, or in the workplace—to enhance the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit inherent in the ADHD mind.
• Embrace innate neurological tendencies. Take advantage of new findings about the brain’s default mode network and cerebellum, which confer major benefits for people with ADHD.
• Tap into the healing power of connection. Tips for establishing and maintaining positive connection “the other Vitamind C” and the best antidote to the negativity that plagues so many people with ADHD.
• Consider medication. Gets the facts about the underlying chemistry, side effects, and proven benefits of all the pharmaceutical options.
As inspiring as it is practical, ADHD 2.0 will help you tap into the power of this mercurial condition and find the key that unlocks potential.
Understanding the Demon of the Mind
The Cerebellum Connection
The Healing Power of Connection
Find Your Right Difficult
Move to Focus Move to Motivate
Medication The Most Powerful Tool
Putting It All Together Find Your Feel
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
Other editions - View all
activities Adderall Addiction ADHD and VAST ADHD brain ADHD coach ADHD or VAST adults with ADHD Amantadine amphetamine asked Attention Deficit Disorder balance behavior brakes called Capsule cerebellar cerebellum CHADD chapter child clonidine coach Cognitive connection connectome create creative default mode network develop diagnosis Distraction dopamine dose drugs dyslexia Email emotional environment exercise explains feel finding the right focus focusing glitchy guanfacine Guilford Press Hallowell HALLOWELL CENTER Hallowell's heart rate hyperactivity imagination kids kind Kolbe LEARNING DISABILITIES Lily Lisdexamfetamine lives long-acting mental Methylphenidate mind Neuroscience neurotypical norepinephrine Novartis parents patients percent person Ph.D Pharmaceuti problems psychiatry Ratey release tablet Ritalin Samuel side effects sleep sleep apnea social someone stimulants Strength-Based strengths symptoms syndrome task teacher things tion treatment turn understand vestibular system what's wobble board York